Dental Crowns And Dental Bridges In Campbelltown
Both crowns and bridges are fixed prosthetic devices. This means that unlike dentures which you can simply put on and take off at any time, crowns and bridges are installed permanently and can only be removed by your dentist Campbelltown.
What Are Dental Crowns?
Created in a laboratory and fashioned from the impression of a natural tooth, a dental crown is designed to cover persisting dental anomalies. Apart from restoring a severely damaged tooth, a dental crown is used to improve unsightly cosmetic imperfections such dental stains, cracks, and even teeth misalignment, among many others. Moreover, dental crowns are usually recommended to:
- replace a large filling that lacks enough tooth structure
- protect a compromised tooth from further damage, trauma, or injury
- restore a chipped/cracked/jagged tooth
- cap a poorly shaped or abnormally small tooth
- cap a tooth that underwent root canal treatment
- cap a dental implant
- serve as anchors to dental bridges
Dental crowns in Campbelltown come in a various types. Porcelain and ceramic crowns are always popular choices because they match the color of your real teeth faultlessly. Other types of crowns include those made from gold, alloy, and acrylic. Dental crowns fashioned from these materials are often more durable and are usually used as back teeth replacements.
What Are Dental Bridges?
Dental bridges are popularly used to replace one or more missing teeth. These prosthetic devices are called bridges because they literally bridge the gap left by missing tooth/teeth. Dental bridges usually consist of two anchoring crowns called abutments and a replacement false tooth/teeth called pontics.
Much like dental crowns, dental bridges in Campbelltown are fashioned from different materials. It is ideal to have your dentist Campbelltown help you decide which materials to use – with respect to its location, function, and cosmetic considerations. Often, porcelain and ceramic bridges are used to match the natural color of your real teeth. In most case dental bridges help its wearers –
- regain the ability to eat and speak naturally
- prevent the soft tissues of the lips and face from collapsing
- relieve unnecessary and unbalance physical stress on other teeth
- prevent remaining teeth from shifting out of their natural position
High Quality Crowns And Bridges In Campbelltown
For high quality dental crowns and bridges, visit Campbelltown Dental Care. Using state-of-the-art technology, our dental experts make sure that your pearly whites are restored to their faultless glory.